Your University, Your News, Your Life

The Mustang Buzz

Your University, Your News, Your Life

The Mustang Buzz

Your University, Your News, Your Life

The Mustang Buzz

Improving life for SMSU students through Mustangs 4 Life event 

An M4L Day Celebration will be held in the SMSU Student Center Upper Level from 3-5 p.m. April 25. The celebration includes a social with free appetizers and announcements on contributions.
Katelynn Rolla
Illustrated by Katelynn Rolla

SMSU students gain important benefits to their education and campus life during the annual Mustangs 4 Life Day of fundraising.  

“Every dollar raised helps to offset the cost of attending SMSU,” said Justin Vorbach, Director of Annual Giving for the university.  

The SMSU Foundation has set a goal of raising $100,000 this year. 

In addition to supporting SMSU’s academics, athletics and special programs, Donations provide funds for major departments, program improvements, and department/team decided updates. 

The university hosts the 24-hour online fundraising event at www.M4LDay.com, where donors have plenty of opportunities “to show Mustang Pride for all areas on campus,” Vorbach said. 

Individuals and groups can unlock bonuses through fundraising challenges listed on the website.   

For example, the student club or organization who raises the most will receive $500 for their organization budget. The same goes for athletic teams.  

“Last year SMSU Wresting was able to raise $9,000 for their team to buy needed equipment,” Vorbach said. 

A special M4L Day Celebration will be held in the SMSU Student Center Upper Level from 3-5 p.m. April 25. The celebration includes a social with free appetizers and announcements on bonus winners.  

Donors decide what they support by giving to a specific fund. They can direct their support to academic departments, scholarships, the Mustang Market, the Griebel Student Success Center, undergraduate research and experiential learning. 

Donations can also be earmarked for the general Southwest Fund for use in SMSU’s most urgent areas of greatest need, Vorbach said. 

This year marks M4L’s third annual fundraising effort. The event raised $33,000 in 2022 and $65,000 in 2023. 

Vorbach said students can contribute to fundraising by promoting M4L Day on social media, following SMSU Alumni & Foundation (@smsualumniandfoundation) on Facebook and Instagram, and like and share posts related to the day.  

Students can also share www.M4LDay.com on social media.  They can share the donation page of the department, team, or program that they want supported and encourage their friends and family to contribute. 

Most challenges begin at precisely 12:00 a.m. on April 25. Visit www.m4lday.com to see the funds you can support and the challenges.    

Follow the SMSU Alumni and Foundation [@smsualumniandfoundation] on Facebook for M4L Day updates.  

All winners for challenges will be revealed by 3:00 pm on April 26 on the SMSU Alumni and Foundation Facebook page as well as on the M4L Day website.